Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 30, 2015

More Baked Goodies!

I made this for my friend and her little sister. This is an 6 inch heart shape cake. Cake Flavor: Chocolate, Filling: Vanilla Butter cream, Frosting: Vanilla Butter cream, Butter cream fondant, topped with homemade Dandelions. Cost: $21.

My friend was working up north, California and she came back home to southern Cali for a couple of weeks before she flew to Kansas for college. She asked me to make her a cake because she didn't have cake in long time. She wanted me to make a gluten free cake so I can eat it too. It was a pretty short notice, so I went to Clark's Nutrition and Natural Health Food's Market and got a Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Vanilla Cake mix. The filling and frosting is Vanilla Butter Cream. I knew she loved Batman so I drew The Dark Knight logo on the fondant and I put  Gotham's city all around the cake. I also used her favorite color, which is purple and I used colors that went with that color. This 8 inch cake would cost a little more because the cake is gluten free and the cake is organic. Cost: $38.


A close up on The Dark Night Logo I drew using cake decorating utensils.

This is a very special cake to me because I made this for my Sister for her Final profession as a Carmelite nun on July 20, 2014 in Colorado Springs, CO. Since I am from California , the Sisters were very kind enough to bake the cake for me. I packed all the utensils I needed for this amazing design. It took me three days;6-8 hours per day, to do all this. I wanted the design to mean something about what does being a Carmelite mean, and plus it was a one time thing for me, so I wanted to go all out and do this right. I did a basket weave design, followed by 15 colorful roses all over with leaves, the brown scapular, a crown with pearls, and the Sacred Heart. I also wrote: Chastity, Obedience, and Poverty on the cake followed by an antique gold border around the cake. I also topped it off with edible pearls to make it look more festive. All handmade and it was totally worth it! My sister loved it, and so did the rest of the sisters and the Fathers! This first layer is an 8 inch and the second layer is a 9 inch. There is no cost for this cake because, the fact that my sister is a carmelite nun, it is priceless.

Another Shot of this gorgeous cake design.
A close up of the Sacred Heart.
I made this cool design for my 22nd birthday last year. I am really obsessed with the movie Snow White and the Huntsman, so I was trying to figure out what kind of design would be close to that. The cake is a gluten free butter cake, the filling and frosting is a white cream. I bought an apple cookie cutter and cut out shaped fondant apples and put it all around the cake. I piped out black frosting for the top and bottom borders and put "Happy Birthday 22". Topping it off with red roses with leaves, edible white pearls and a edible gold spray, lightly all spraying all over the top. Since this cake is gluten free and organic the cost would be: $43.

A shot of the cake before it was cut.
These are my first attempt at make gluten free, soy free, corn free, dairy free pumpkin muffins! These were so amazingly delicious!! Cost for these plain organic muffins: $1 each.



 My former homeschooling teacher wanted me to make a chocolate 8 inch cake with chocolate frosting topped with raspberries. There is no filling. Cost: $30.



I made this Jack Skellington Cake for my friend's birthday. It doesn't look that great as I was experimenting the design. But she loved it as long as it tasted good. This is an 8 inch cake with white frosting filling mixed with fresh strawberries. The frosting is also a white frosting with Butter cream fondant topped with Jack Skellington's face. Cost: $30.




No comments:

Post a Comment