Total Pageviews

Monday, August 17, 2015

Beautiful Dove Cake




A couple of weeks ago, I wanted to make a cake for my priests because I appreciate them a lot. I also wanted to come up with a religious design. So the first thing of I thought was adding a dove. I had to draw out a dove on paper, cut the dove out and then trace the dove on the cake with icing, remove the paper, then fill the dove with icing. This was my first try and it actually came pretty good. The black icing represents the priests cassok, the gold spray represents light, the dove holding an olive branch represents the Holy Ghost (Hope and Peace). "Quis ut Deus" means St. Michael, "JMJ" means Jesus Mary and Joseph, and roses represent the gifts and fruits of the Holy Ghost. This is a 6 inch butter cake with buttercream frosting. There are quite a bit of details on this tiny cake. The price would have been around $18. 



No comments:

Post a Comment